Saturday, June 19, 2010

Salmon with Lime



My mom told me that she had a new Salmon recipe and I couldn't wait to try it. I love Salmon, so any chance I can get to make it and to try something new and yummy, I take it.

This along with my Honey Ginger Salmon are so fresh and the perfect spring or summer dishes. They can both be made in the oven or on the BBQ. And as you can see I served it with my Cilantro Rice .


Start with a filet of Salmon. I used one large one, but this recipe could probably handle 2 medium filets. Any more than that, you may have to double the glaze.

Line pan with Parchment paper. Rinse Salmon and dry it with Paper towel. Put on pan skin side down.
I usually try to take the skin off before, but it can also come off after. Just don't eat the skin.

Preheat over to 425 degrees.



In a medium bowl combine;

3 tbsp liquid honey
1 tsp lime zest
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 minced garlic
1/2 tsp minced ginger
1/4 tsp salt



Brush your filet with 1/2 of the glaze.



Bake for 4 minutes.

Remove and brush with remaining glaze.



Bake till done. which will be about another 10 minutes or so, depending on your filet.



Serve with Rice and a summer salad and you have the perfect summer meal.

3 comments:

  1. Totally gonna try this, it looks so good! Do you just add cilantro to your rice after its cooked? Do you add anything else? and do you serve the rice cold or hot? oh and remember once you made me baked tomato halves with I think mozza and other things that I cant remember on them? It was when I visited you in Sasky. How do you make those? ok go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please ignore the cilantro rice questions, I found it in your blog. However, please answer my other questions. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do remember those tomato things. But I don't really remember how I made them. I think it was just tomatoes, halved. Then Basil (chopped fresh or some sprinkles if dried) Then the mozza. Then baked in oven or on BBQ. I think that is all.

    ReplyDelete