Monday, July 12, 2010

Scones



This recipe is a little tribute to Cranbrook.

I got this recipe at a cooking night I went to in Cranbrook. A friend of mine there would have a cooking night and share some of her great recipes. Thanks for this one TK.

I am not a huge fan of raisins or dates or currents or anything like that, but for some reason in this recipe I loved the currents. I have yet to try this recipe with blueberries. But I imagine that it will be so good too.


Cut together:

3 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup buter


Mix in:

1/2 tsp baking soda
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp stevia
2/3 cup black currents or blueberries



Add:
2/3 cup yogurt (any flavor)
1 egg
1/4 to 1/3 cup milk



Mix it all together. You may actually have to mix with your hands.



Roughly roll or push it out in to a circle



Cut the dough into 8 pieces



Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes on a pan covered with parchement paper.



These are so good fresh from the oven with some butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment