Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tex-Mex Chicken 'N' Rice Casserole


I know it took me so long to post this recipe. I'm sorry. This is from way back when I was having my mexican week.

This recipe was also so good. I know it feels like I say that about everything I make; but I just post the good stuff. I have actually made a few things that I don't like, so I don't really feel the need to share them with you. I will spare you yucky food. Anyways, here it is.

Also, please post a comment if you have tried a recipe on here. Don't be shy. Even my own Mom tried a recipe off here.


In a medium saucepan cook;

1 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
1tbsp olive oil



Stir in;

1 cup uncooked rice
1 14oz can chicken broth
2 cups water

Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. The liquid will NOT be fully absorbed.



Transfer Rice mixture to large bowl.



Add;
2 cups chopped chicken (I used a rotissarie chicken)
1 cup seeded tomato (2 medium)
3 tbsp canned diced green chile peppers, drained
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp dried basil, crushed
1/8 tsp ground cummin (if you don't have cummin, you can use curry)
1/8 tsp black pepper
Mix together


Transfer to an ungreased 2-quart casserole dish.
Bake covered at 425 F for 25 minutes or until heated through.

Uncover and sprinkle with ;
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I actually used the tex-mex cheese)
Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
If desired garnish with cilantro.


2 comments:

  1. I tried the cookies and now my husband expects them all the time! They are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe! I found it was really good with guacamole on the side.

    ReplyDelete