Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snowballs



I forgot to post this before Christmas. Sorry


These 'cookies' were my favorite as a little girl. I have pictures of me making them with my Grandma when I was 4 or 5. They are easy for kids to make, but adults truly enjoy them. I had to include them in my Christmas baking. I gave away christmas treats to my friends and everyone loved these snowballs.

The recipe is so simple.




Blend well together;
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1 1/2 cups fine coconut
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp almond extract


It will all come together and be basically the consistency of butter. Roll into small balls.



Cut Marachino cherries, chopped in 1/4 or 1/6


Insert a piece of marachino cherry into the center of each cookie. Re-roll into a ball.


Roll in more fine coconut.


Chill; keep in the refrigerator.



The cherry is such a nice surprise inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment