Sunday, December 6, 2009

Super Simple Ball Wreath





For years I have been wanting to make a christmas ball wreath. I just always thought that they were really hard. But I finally heard about one that is so easy I would be crazy not to make it.

A friend of mine told me how to make this wreath and I am so glad that she did. I love it. Not only does it look so cute, but I really can't get over how easy it was to make.

The supplies are simple;
-Metal wire hanger
-glue gun
-Christmas balls in a variety of sizes (approx 80)
-ribbon

You can use one solid color of christmas balls or go multi colored. You can use glass balls or the shatter-proof ones.



Dig a metal hanger from your closet. Luckily I had one. If you need to get one, just take some clothes to the dry cleaners and they usually return your things hanging on a metal hanger.


Bend into into a circle. As close as you can get. Unwrap the top to open the hanger up so that you can thread the balls on.



Depending on what kind of balls you use and how the tops are attached you may need to put a dab of hot glue under the cap of each ball. Just to make sure that they don't come unattached while you are putting them on or afterwards.
Then you just thread each ball onto the hanger through the hole in the cap. Loosly arrange them as you thread them on. Use all the sizes you have and use the smaller balls to fill in open spaces.


Once you have filled the whole hanger make sure all the balls are arranged how you would lilke them and the majority of open spaces are filled. Push the balls as close together and as tightly as you can. Just make sure you don't break any. Bend the tips of the hanger to create a hook.



Then hook the two sides together and wrap smaller wire around the closer to ensure that it stay fastened.


I think it looks great. Just one thing missing...



...Ribbon.
You can tie your ribbon in a simple bow or get creative and make something complex. You could even just thread the ribbon inbetween the balls and tie a bow at the top and hang your wreath like that.


To hang my wreath I tied a short piece of ribbon at the top center (under my bow) and had an inch loop sticking out the top and used that as a hook to hang it on the nail.
I think the finished product looks so classy. I love it.


Perfect addition to my front entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment