Thursday, April 1, 2010

Enchilada Casserole



This time I was the skeptical one when I saw this recipe. But I figured I need to try new things, so I gave it a try. It was really good and had a nice sweet flavour. It was even good as leftovers. I would forsure make it again.

This is another meatless meal, but it still has lots of protien. The beans are really filling and you don't even miss meat.



Layer the bottom of an 8x8in pan with;

2 whole wheat tortillas

They shuld be ripped into quarters and layered like that, but I did it wrong. Make sure you rip them.


In a bowl mash:

a 19oz can of sweet potatoes, drained


Add and stir:

19oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chunky salsa
2 tsp chili powder



Spread evenly over tortillas in baking dish.




Arrange:
2 whole wheat tortillas over sweet potato mixture.
This is how they should be ripped in the first step.


In a small bowl combine:
14 oz can of tomato sauce
1/2 cup chunky salsa
Then pur evenly over tortillas.



Bake, uncovered, in oven at 450 F for 15 minutes. Then Sprinkle with:
1 cup cheese
Bake for another 5 minutes until heated through and cheese is golden.



Sprinkle:
1 ripe large avocado, diced
1/4 cup finely chopped green onion


Serve with Sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment