Friday, April 24, 2009

Spring Fling Wreath




I love making wreaths. I always see flowers and think "I could make a nice wreath with those". I chose to stick to seasonal wreaths and to put them on my front door. Just gives the house a little festive flare. Whatever the season.

Because of our move and lack of a Michaels craft store in my new 'village'. I didn't get this wreath done intime for Easter like I wanted to. But it will be ready and waiting to go on the front door next Easter.


Start with your basic Grapevine wreath. Any size you want. They have different shapes and sizes, so just depends on what you feel like.



I chose these spring flowers because I wanted a spring wreath, but you can use any kind of flower you want. I have also made a "Festive Fall Wreath", so I used fall colored flowers for that one. I used 12 of these stems. 4 pinks, 4 whites, and 4 greens. How many you need will depend on the flowers and how big your wreath is. I originally only bought 9, then got part way finished and had to have my mom buy more and mail them to me.


From each stem you will be able to detach flowers or bunches.



Using a hot glue gun, apply glue to the base of the flowers and pressed into the desired spot on your wreath. Also I always put something underneath my wreath, just incase some glue drops down. I don't want to have to pick glue off my new table.


Arange the flowers anyways you want in the using the glue to keep them in place. Keep going allt he way around the wreath making sure not to leave any bare spots. When you are done, hold the wreath up and look to see if there are any spots that you would like filled in.


You can add leaves around it if you would like. For now I have chosen not too, but I may change my mind later. I love how full it looks.



The flower colors are so spring and so fresh.


Usually I put them on my front door, but I do think that it looks really cute at my front entrance with my Easter decor that I haven't put away yet.
Here is a photo of another wreath that I made. This is the Festive Fall Wreath. Like I mentioned above, I used fall flowers and I also used 'picks'. Those are the pinecones and fruit that you can see in with all the flowers. This fall wreath is by far my favorite wreath. I included it to show that you can make all kinds of wreaths for any season or any color.

No comments:

Post a Comment