Monday, March 5, 2012

Fruit Soup

This is a recipe that I got from my Granny (my mom's mom). A few years ago I was staying at her house for the weekend and she made this for breakfast. I had to have the recipe. I wrote it down on a note pad that read "A note from Joyce Tulk" . I have written out the recipe on a card of my own to fit in my recipe box, but I still can't get rid of that piece of paper.
My parents were visiting this weekend I wanted something for breakfast that wasn't cereal and wasn't pancakes. I knew that Fruit soup was the answer.
In a pot heat tapioca, sugar, salt and water. Heat to boil.
It will thicken. Pour into a large bowl.

Stir in orange juice. Cool 15 minutes.
Cut up fruit into small bite-sized pieces and mix into orange juice mixture.
After the fruit is added you can cover and store in the fridge overnight.
If you are using bananas, pears, apples, etc. don't cut them the night before, cut and add them before serving.

So fresh and so yummy. I love it.
Fruit Soup
3 tbsp quick cooking tapioca
2tbsp sugar
shake of salt
2 1/2 cups water
6oz (1/2 can) frozen orange juice
Fruit- 2 peaches, 1 banana, 1 orange, 1/2 cup grapes, blueberries, kiwi, other
1tsp lemon juice
In pot heat tapioca, sugar, salt, and 1 cup of water. Heat to full boil. Stiring constantly. Pour into large boil. Stir in orange juice until melted.*** Add reminaing 1 1/2 cup water. Cover and chill. Cool 15 minutes. Stir in fruit and lemon juice.
***I used premade orange juice. So I used the first 1 cup of water to make the tapioca but swapped the frozen orange juice and 1 1/2 cup water for 2 cups of premade orange juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment