Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fabric Yo-Yo hair clips








I saw these cute Fabric Yo-yo's here. I fell in love. I wanted to make some. I have a big bag of scrap fabric that I am dying to use. So I went to work.






I made my yo-yo's into hair clips. My lil'G is always being mistaken for a boy (I guess pink clothes and a little pig tail on top is not clear enough for some). So I figured I would have her wear a hair clip everyday. Hopefully no one will make that mistake again.






But as the Make-it-Love-it blog shows, you can use them for anything. So many cute things to make with them. Check out this quilt.











Trace a circle on the wrong side of you fabric. I just used cups or bowls from my kitchen.



You can chose what size of yo-yo you want. Just bear in mind that your yo-yo will end up being a little less than half the size that you trace.





Cut out your circles.








With an iron, press a 1/4 around the edge. (This is the part that takes the longest. I always hate pressing things)








Baste stitch around the edge of the circle, the a needle and thread. (according to the tutorial the smaller your stitch the wider the opening on your yo-yo and vice versa.)








Once you have gone all the way around pull on your thread and it will start to gather.







Once you have pulled the thread tight or to where you want it, tie a knot.







So many cute fabrics.






Now you can chose what you want to make with your yo-yo's







I covered my aligator clips and glued my yo-yo to the clip.






You can embellish them. I added a cute little button.








I just think that these clips are so cute. Something different than the bows or flowers.




NOTE***


After I posted this I noticed that my links aren't working. Here they are.










No comments:

Post a Comment