Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chicken Salad Sandwiches



This is great lunch idea that is so easy and so good. I actually made it for an RS activity and it was a hit. Of course the recipe is one of Debzees. She always has some good ones.

I normally make it with croissants, but didn't have any at this time, but I was craving the chicken salad, so I used the bread I had at home. I recommend it with croissants though. But I think anything stuffed into a croissant is fantastic.


4 cups chicken or turkey (you can use canned, I did)



Add:
1 cup finely sliced celery
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1 cup red grapes
Shredded lettuce (can be added later)


In another bowl whip
1/4 cup whipping cream

Then add:
1 cup mayonaise
1 tsp poultry seasoning (you can use chicken boullion, but the Poultry seasoning is better)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp curry (optional- not in original recipe, but I add curry to things whenever I can)

Mix all together.



Add Mayo mixture to chicken mixture. This is when you can add the lettuce. Add enough to 'fill-in' the mixture.



Spoon into bread or croissant.
The mixture can be kept in the fridge for a few days.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Thanks for posting this recipe! I love this salad in croissants!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I'm guessing this it the one she made at the reunion & I thought dang this is so good. I didn't ask the recipe because I thought it's probably so simple its silly to ask. Ha but now I got it anyways. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete